Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Weekend

The supermarkets closed on sunday. That doesn't happen very often. The only days seem to be easter day and Christmas. I took my daughter back to university to get some work done. Term doesn't start yet but I took her back. I drove.
We've got workmen coming to do the kitchen. We're living off what we can plug into the dining room. We can't use the stove because that's in the kitchen. We will have problem when they knock through to the dining room to connect the two because we won't be able to use that room while they are doing that. I had to clear all the units and cupboards and take everything out of the kitchen. The kitchen has a little alcove with door. A pantry. I'm replacing doors and putting shelves in. It looks like it hasn't been painted since the house was built. It's magnolia but dusty. I am putting in half glazed doors. The pantry door will be bi-fold but I can't get the right size. I will have to cut the door down to make it narrow enough but need to line the middle of the door with the rest of the room and the main kitchen door. The top of the pantry door is 1 centimeter lower than the other door but I cannot see any reason for it. It is below where the stairs are but there is still 15 centimeters above the door. The door alarms will need rewiring. The control box for the alarms is in the pantry. When we moved in there was a control box with a button to press to deactivate the alarm. You would have to come in through the front door and walk throught the house to get to the kitchen. We now have a keypad to turn off the alarm.

No comments: