Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Windscreen

Our car has had a dent in the windscreen frame for a while. It happened at the garden centre. I was parked next to a lorry. I reversed into the space and the bottom of his door must have hit it when the driver got back in.

I was going to get it done yesterday while I had the day off. I took it to a place owned by a friend of mine. I was wanting to have it finished while the wife was out so I could point to the car and say the dent has gone. The bloke at the garage is a perfectionist and wouldn't let me have the car back yesterday. Thankfully they managed to sort it out without removing the windscreen otherwise it would have cost more.
They do insurance repairs. Usually they replace entire panels even if there is only a slight dent. He then re-uses the panels after hammering them back in shape. When I went there the place was full of car body panels.
We've had a different car while ours was in - a Fiesta Sport 1.6

No comments: