Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Clunk Clip

Yesterday my wife got a phone call from our son. He was pulling into the car park at college when he heard a clunk clunk sound. At first he thought 'oh no, the bearings have gone' but it turned out to be a huge metal clip embedded in the tyre.

When I got home I had a look. The tyre didn't seem to have gone down. I thought it might have been a slow puncture. The big clip was like something electrical. It was a square inch across with sharp spikes. It was stuck in the tread. I didnt remove it. I thought I should wait for my son before touching it.
The car had had new tyres. When we bought it we though we'd got a good deal but it needed a new timing chain.

This morning the tyre had not gone down any. It would have been slow puncture if there less tread on the tyre so the spike would have gone through.

I had a new car once, a citroen. When I took it for a service it came back with a dent in the boot. There was red paint in the dent. I went back to the garage and had a look in their service bay. They had some of the big storeage shelves which had red paint on them. I said that is where it must have come from. They took the car back and had it fixed, cheaper than if i'd paid and given them the bill. They must have known where to take it. I never went back there again. That's the trouble with new cars. You have to take it to a proper garage for servincing because of the warranty.

No comments: