Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Scampi

I got home last night and turned the corner towards the house. I wondered why our car was on the pavement. It was another silver MPV, ours was still in the drive. It was the pool car our son had got from work, he'd left it there while he went up to scotland in his car. It was a vauxhall zafira, 1.8. similar shape but slightly lower than our c-max. This car was automatic, fitted with hands free kit etc. He's got it til he gets his own company car. The car shouldn't be on the pavement for too long. I can move it to my mothers house. She doesn't drive so we can keep the car there. There will be plenty of room.

Last time I drove an automatic was the brother-in-law's car. We were between cars, had sold one but not bought a new one yet. That one was a company car as well. It was leyland but with a honda gearbox, this was a few years ago, back in the 80s. Before the rover 200. Triumph Dolomite. I think that was it.

I got a text from my son in scotland. He's booked into a travelodge and had scampi and chips.

No comments: