Monday, September 11, 2006

Travel Plug

I needed a new travel plug for our holiday tomorrow so I went to Superdrug to look for one. We used to have a suitable plug but I think we lent it to our daughter when she went on holiday to Turkey. We haven't seen it since - she probably left it in the hotel room. It is the sort of thing which would be easy to miss, accidently leaving it plugged in. When you pack all your stuff away to come home you could accidently leave it behind.


I looked in superdrug but they didn't have any. They said they only sell them during summer so it must obviously be winter now. I managed to find one in Maplins instead.


The pack contained two plugs. One with round pins and another with flat pins. I think the flat one might be for france but the other one should work for us in spain. There are only two pins on the plug, there isn't an earth pin, but the one with the round plugs has a metal strip where the earth pin fits. That must be for anything which needs earth. The french don't seem to bother, they obviously don't care whether they get electric shocks or not.

No comments: